The Adventist Community Services Center provides emergency assistance for families and individuals in Davidson County and Hendersonville, Tennessee. Assistance is provided on a first come basis during the hours our Help Department is open. Clients must provide required documentation. Additional information is available by calling 615.860.6001.
Help Center Hours:
Mondays: 10:00 A.M. – 1:00 P.M.
Tuesdays: 10:00 A.M. – 1:00 P.M.
Thursdays for employed persons: 5:00 P.M. – 7:00 P.M.
The Adventist Community Services Center provides:
- Emergency help with utilities, rent, or medications
- Food through our Food Pantry
- Clothing through vouchers for our Thrift Store
- Hygiene kits and special supplies for the homeless
- Assistance for flood and burnout victims
- One day bus pass for doctor’s appointment or job interview
- Gas card for doctor’s appointment or job interview
- Other assistance in times of emergency
- Life skills mentoring program for individuals or families
It is our goal to empower our clients through emergency, compassionate care and life education to attain self-sufficiency and financial independence. It is our hope that our support and encouragement will make a difference in each life that we touch.
The following documentation is needed at the time the client is interviewed:
- Photo ID
- Social Security number
- Proof of residency (Photo ID will be satisfactory if it contains the current address)
For Food and Clothing Help:
- Proof of dependents: Birth certificate, custody paper, Food Stamp document, IRS form, or some similar document
- Proof of spouse: document showing both names together
For past due Utilities or Rent, the client will need the following documents in addition to the above:
- Most recent bill in client’s name
- Proof of income
- Rental expense as shown on lease (If rental assistance is requested, client must also have a document from manager on letterhead indicating the amount that is owed)
- All utility bill expenses
- Prescription must be at the Kroger pharmacy