No Barriers: A Special Needs Ministry
And he said to them, ‘Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature.’ Mark 16:15
No Barriers is a special needs ministry dedicated to making our church a place where all people are welcomed, fully included and equipped for service for God.
The gospel is for all people. At Madison Campus Church, we want to make sure that there are no barriers to the good news of salvation and to full participation in the family of God.
We are working to ensure:
- Every person feels welcomed and accepted.
- Our church building is accessible to people with mobility challenges.
- Programs are accessible for people with hearing loss.
- Tools are available to help people with autism and sensory processing challenges feel comfortable with church.
- The spiritual needs of children with intellectual and developmental disabilities are met.
- All members are equipped to serve in ministry according to individual talents and calling.
- Families of people with disabilities are supported and provided with needed resources.
- A buddy program that provides a trained companion for one-to-one support for individuals with special needs for Sabbath School and/or church – contact our team for more information
- Audio headsets for those with hearing loss
- Noise reducing headphones for those with noise sensitivities
- Designated sanctuary seating for those using wheelchairs
- Adapted changing area for larger children
- Large print Bibles
OTHER PROJECTS IN PROCESS
- Visual schedules in children’s Sabbath School classes
- Improved church building accessibility and signage
- Sensory/calming area with supplies for individuals with sensory processing challenges
- Respite care for parents and caregivers of children with special needs.
Email: email@example.com / (615) 681-3907
607 B. Larkin Springs Rd.
Madison, TN 37114
Pastor Julie Vega
Pastor Ken Wetmore